Friday, February 4, 2022

Dan Fogelberg [RIP] - Discography

DAN FOGELBERG DISCOGRAPHY

Born: August 13, 1951 - Died: December 16, 2007
R.I.P.
If James Taylor epitomized the definition and the original, late-'60s incarnation of the term singer/songwriter, Dan Fogelberg exemplified the late-'70s equivalent of that term at its most highly developed and successful, with a string of platinum-selling albums and singles into the early '80s and a long career afterward, interrupted only by a health crisis that led to his untimely death in 2007. He came out of a musical family, born Daniel Grayling Fogelberg on August 13, 1951, in Peoria, IL, where his father was an established musician, teacher, and bandleader. His first instrument was the piano, which he took to well enough, and music mattered to him more than the sports that were the preoccupation of most of the boys around him. At age ten, he was saving and listening to any old records he could find. And if there's a "God-shaped space" in everyone, Fogelberg's was filled with music, something his family might've guessed if they'd seen how much he loved the music in church but was bored by the sermons. His other great passions were drawing and painting. His personal musical turning point came in the early '60s, before he'd reached his teens. A gift of an old Hawaiian guitar from his grandfather introduced him to the instrument that would soon supplant the piano, and at age 12, he heard the Beatles for the first time, which not only led him to a revelation about how electric guitars could sound, but also made him notice for the first time the act of songwriting as something central to what musicians did. It was also at that point that he began picking up on the music of Carl Perkins, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, and Buddy Holly, all of whom were, of course, in the Beatles' repertory.

























24 comments:

Vera Lane said...

Thank you so much Ozzieguy for Dan Fogelberg' I'm super thrilled now xxx
Vera

Ozzieguy said...

You are more than welcome Vera and your wish was fulfilled.

Best Wishes
Ozzieguy

PB said...

Thanks. When I was in art school in the 70s all the girls seemed in love with this guy.

Ozzieguy said...

Hi PB
He was a very good musician, he was good to listen to.

Was said...

Not my favourite, by far. But very interesting, and I remember him when I was young. Thanks

Ozzieguy said...

Hello WAS
All good.

Psyffer23 said...

Any chance of re-upping some Fogelberg? Especially Netherlands, Twin Sons, Phoenix? It would be greatly appreciated. great site. Keep up the good work. tnx

Ozzieguy said...

Yes I shall try, but did not know most have been deleted.
More work!!

Psyffer23 said...

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your efforts. great site.

Tom said...

Hello Ozzieguy, can you please give a help: I also like the musical web side of :http://reminiscing-the-bygone-era.blogspot.com/
But since two days there are the notice: one must have an invitation. I have no mailadress from the Bygone side ; can you please tell me how I can get an invitation.Can you give me a mailadress I can ask for??Thanks for your help!!Greetings Thomas

Ozzieguy said...

Hello Tom,
Sorry Tom, I do not know how to log into that blog as I also am not a member.
Regards
Ozzieguy

Tom said...

Hello Ozzieguy, thanks for your answer!! That is sad, a very good music side is death for us.I have no idea how to contact with the Aussie boy.I think if it would be possible to contact him, we would get an invitation to contact the side in the future. Good that your side still works for everybody who like good music!!!Greetings Thomas

Tom said...

Hello Ozzieguy, i like your discographies of singers and groups!! Is it please possible to make a discography for MIKE BERRY ?? Thanks Greetings Thomas

Ozzieguy said...

I have always wanted to share for everyone.

Ozzieguy said...

Hello Tom,
I will have a look to see if I have any of his albums, if I do I shall share as soon as I can.
Regards
Ozzieguy

Unknown said...

It took me 4hrs tto find Love Songs as individual music vids and then split out mp3's but I did it.

Ozzieguy said...

:-)

Candlewax said...

He was so good looking 😭🙏😝

Jetsonmobile said...

Please - the file ' 1991 live album' doesn't work . So Much thanks

Ozzieguy said...

Hello Jetsonmobile
What do you mean that it doesn't work?

Jetsonmobile said...

The archive file failed when I try to extract the files

Ozzieguy said...

Jetsonmobile - I just tested it and it worked fine.

Jetsonmobile said...

Thank You very much

RFelis said...

Hi, 1995 - Love Songs, Can the album be resurrected? Many thanks.