Friday, September 18, 2020

Air Supply [Australian Artist] - Discography

Air Supply 

With their heavily orchestrated, sweet ballads, the Australian soft rock group Air Supply became a staple of early-'80s radio, scoring a string of seven straight Top Five singles. Air Supply, for most intents and purposes, was the duo of vocalists Russell Hitchcock and Graham Russell; other members came through the group over the years, yet they only functioned as backing musicians and added little to the group's sound. Hitchcock and Russell met while performing in a Sydney, Australia, production of Jesus Christ Superstar in 1976. The two singers formed a partnership and with the addition of four supporting musicians -- keyboardist Frank Esler-Smith, guitarist David Moyse, bassist David Green, and drummer Ralph Cooper -- Air Supply was born.















10 comments:

Bob said...

Thank you!

mrRadio said...

Met AS 5 years ago and their show was great, much better than I thought it could be. We had Christopher Cross open for them and he was great as well. Thanks for the good memories Ozzieguy!

mrRadio said...

Mr Ozzieguy... I would like to tell you that when I get your albums the first thing I am doing is trying to sort them out by year (chronological order). I have noticed you sometimes do this and show the year as with The Carpenters or Anne Murray. I would encourage you in that practice as it is indeed helpful. If you do or don't, know I am still grateful as a fellow music lover for your abundant shares. It seems we may have much the same tastes. I also appreciate you are providing good cover art as I save that off as well. Your blog is unique that it provides mostly 320 (high quality) artist "collections" in an uncluttered and logical presentation from user-friendly downloaders. Thank you for your attention and take care.

Ozzieguy said...

Awesome stuff, yes, they were very good in their day I must admit. I saw them a few times and enjoyed the time.
Glad that your memory serves you nicely :-)

Ozzieguy said...

Oh, sorry mate.
I will endeavour to do all of that again, I stopped doing because I did not think that anyone appreciated the extra work.
Wow, I thought most blogs would only provide high quality stuff, when I rip form my cds or LPs I get the software to rip at 320kbps. I too enjoy the higher quality.

Thanks for your message mrRadio

luvthe80s said...

Thank you Ozzieguy! Just found your blog an wow! You have great taste in music. Thank you for ALL YOUR HARD WORK. We appreciate your time and generosity.

Ozzieguy said...

You are very welcome mate and welcome to my music collection blog.
Regards
Ozzieguy

GoodMD said...

Thank You for all of the great Air Supply material.

Pete, Sheffield said...

hi , seeing all the albums in chronological order is very much appreciated .

Ozzieguy said...

Thanks Pete.