Sunday, November 19, 2023

Johnny Horton [RIP] - Discography - 320kbps

Johnny Horton - Discography

Born: April 30, 1925 - Died: November 5, 1960
R.I.P.
Although he is better-remembered for his historical songs, Johnny Horton was one of the best and most popular honky tonk singers of the late '50s. Horton managed to infuse honky tonk with an urgent rockabilly underpinning. His career may have been cut short by a fatal car crash in 1960, but his music reverberated throughout the next three decades.



















7 comments:

Man from Mordor said...

Many thanks for all this Johnny Horton material. I was a big fan back in the late 50s and early 60s, particularly for his "Americana" material. I've always wanted to go north to Alaska - but now at 78 I don't suppose I ever will, but Johnny and his songs create images of the place. Also, many thanks for all your work here, it is much appreciated (well, by me anyway). Long may you rock on!

Ozzieguy said...

Hi there Man from Mordor
I am glad that you are enjoying my blog and such wonderful music, from great artists. My age mid 80s will stop me heading North to Alaska also, especially from Australia - LOL

Regards
Ozzieguy

lazy said...

thanks for such good music from such a great artist and a wonderful period.keep up the good site .keith

Ozzieguy said...

Thank you Keith.

RFelis said...

Johnny needs a new life.

RFelis said...

Great!! Thanks.

Ozzieguy said...

Hello RFelis.
It was another huge job to have have it prepared after you know who again deleted them all.
Many thanks my friend for your support.