Saturday, January 21, 2023

The Byrds - Discography

The Byrds - Discography


Although they only attained the huge success of the Beatles, Rolling Stones, and the Beach Boys for a short time in the mid-'60s, time has judged the Byrds to be nearly as influential as those groups in the long run. They were not solely responsible for devising folk-rock, but they were certainly more responsible than any other single act (Dylan included) for melding the innovations and energy of the British Invasion with the best lyrical and musical elements of contemporary folk music. The jangling, 12-string guitar sound of leader Roger McGuinn's Rickenbacker was permanently absorbed into the vocabulary of rock. They also played a vital role in pioneering psychedelic rock and country-rock, the unifying element being their angelic harmonies and restless eclecticism.

Often described in their early days as a hybrid of Dylan and the Beatles, the Byrds in turn influenced Dylan and the Beatles almost as much as Bob and the Fab Four had influenced the Byrds. The Byrds' innovations have echoed nearly as strongly through subsequent generations, in the work of Tom Petty, R.E.M., and innumerable alternative bands of the post-punk era that feature those jangling guitars and dense harmonies.





















2003 - The Essential Byrds


24 comments:

jack bond said...

thank you !

Ozzieguy said...

Very welcome Jack.

roosen jp said...

thank you!!

Ozzieguy said...

Very welcome Roosen

Anonymous said...

Are these albums all remastered? I’d like to know, please.

Ozzieguy said...

Hello Franco,
They are all from my LP and CD collection here at home.
However, what difference is there with remastered albums as I do not know.
Thanks
Ozzieguy

Unknown said...

You rock! Aussies are awesome! Thank you so much for sharing your collection! Hugs from Toronto, Canada!

Ozzieguy said...

Thank you Unknown.
I hope that you enjoy the many collections.
Regards
Ozzieguy

pseudowounds said...

Thank you very much for uploading these! :D

zir said...

What is the pass?
Please tell me.

Ozzieguy said...

Hello zir, there is NO Password

BritshInvasionLover93 said...

They are really cracking down on Media Fire Ozzie I can't download any of this man time to find another place to put it.

BritshInvasionLover93 said...

They are really cracking down on Media Fire Ozzie I can't download any of this man it's not letting Me and it's directing Me to Amazon. Time to find a new place to put it unfortunately.

BritshInvasionLover93 said...

Yeah I can't get any of The Byrds albums with David Crosby off Mediafire anymore.

Ozzieguy said...

Yes, I will move them also so that they are downloadable.

Rhodb said...

Thanks for the Great Byrds share, a number of these I have not seen before.Great work

DrGentleme said...

Doug Parkinson was such a good artist, I wonder why it was deleted. Also, is it possible for you to include names such as Gilbert Becaud - Yves Montand - Jean Francois Michael - Sacha Distel. Thank you for your wonderful work.

Ozzieguy said...

Thank you DrGentleme.
No I do not have any of those artists to share.
I only share what I have purchased over several years.

Regards
Ozzieguy

Hitparade said...

Could you please consider doing WANDA JACKSON, thank you?

Ozzieguy said...

Yes Hitparade I will do one day after I have completed fixing some problems.
I do have a lot of Wanda albums, so it takes awhile to prepare before uploading and sharing.

Hitparade said...

Ozzie,
Wanda Jackson's biggest single hits were "Right Or Wrong" (9-1961) and "In The Middle Of A Heartache" (6-1962). I like several of her later albums most: 1984 "Rockabilly Fever" (containing "Breathless", "Sweet Nothin's, "It's Only Make Believe" (only female version that I know of) and "Oh Boy"); 2006 "I Remember Elvis"); 2022 "The Party Ain't Over" (containing "Rip It Up", "Busted", "Andrews Sisters' "Rum And Coca Cola"); 2012 "Unfinished Business" and her final studio album 2021 "Encore" (with 2 songs with Joan Jett) which I just discovered discovered and purchased yesterday :-)

Thanks for all the music, I love and appreciate all your enthusiasm and hard work :-) Hitparade (I love The Hit Parade charts)

Ozzieguy said...

Hitparade
I am preparing all of the albums that I have here. Getting them ready to share.

Thanks for your kind message.

REgards
Ozzieguy

segundo said...

gracias por subirlo

Ozzieguy said...

Hello segundo
Very welcome.